Search Engine Marketing for Lawyers
We take a holistic approach to AdWords campaign management. We specialize in developing and managing Google AdWords pay per click (PPC) campaigns for attorneys, lawyer referral services and other legal services providers, but we do much more than simply attach high-volume search phrases to generic ads.
Our expertise saves you time and money
Lawyers are sometimes surprised to learn that Google users have over a thousand different ways to describe “car accident lawyer” when they’re looking to hire someone. “SUV accident attorney” and “rear-end collision lawyers” are two of countless examples of inexpensive but very valuable visitors that can be brought to your law firm website.
Likewise with criminal defense, family law, employment and most other practice areas - our Google usage reports show that people type in a wide variety of law-related searches and your campaign should be built to reach as many of those people in your community as possible.
Our substantial library of law-related search phrases ensures that you benefit from our accumulation of less expensive search phrases, “the low hanging fruit.”
Whether your message is “experienced” or “cost-effective” or “compassionate” or “near public transit,” we find a combination of messages unique to you that will reach out to your leads. We write every ad for each advertiser, customizing and personalizing the message for your unique law practice, not relying on the frequently ignored generic ads often found in the Google’s Sponsored Listings.
When people come to your website, we want them to want to make contact with you or it’s all for nothing. We consult with you about your current website and recommend changes (sometimes minor, sometimes substantial) to ensure that when visitors come to your website, sufficient numbers of them (5% to 10%) reach out to you and become leads for your law practice.
Our Google advertising services:
- In preparation for Google advertising, LegalPPC will make recommendations for changes to each practice area page that will have ads linked to them (“landing pages”) to ensure that the highest possible percentage of visitors to that page will be moved to make contact with your firm.
- With your help, we will identify which practice areas to target and which to exclude, setting up Ad Group categories according to your law firm’s marketing goals. Through an expansive but specific use of Ad Group categories, we will ensure that whenever possible, your ads display the Google user’s actual search phrase.
- LegalPPC will help you determine the desired geographic area and set up your campaigns as necessary. Narrowly tailored geo-targeting will ensure that your ads display only to Google users who are looking for legal help in your geographic area.
- Your campaign will benefit from years of search user data gathered by LegalPPC from Google usage reports. Your comprehensive inventory of practice area search terms, including less competitive “long-tail” keywords, will help you enjoy the lowest possible average cost-per-click.
- LegalPPC will write multiple variations of your ads, underscoring your unique value proposition(s) among your competitors in an effort to get your clickthrough rate as high as possible, thereby reducing your overall average cost-per-click.
- When desired by your firm, LegalPPC will quickly create custom ad hoc campaigns as needed to respond to local events.
- As data is gathered, LegalPPC will determine which messages result in the best clickthrough rates in each ad group and emphasize those ads, including pausing, deleting or rephrasing underachieving ad variations. We’ll periodically experiment with similar successful messages to attempt to bolster clickthrough rates across the campaign.
- LegalPPC with regularly monitor your campaigns to ensure that your account stays within your daily and monthly budgets and that your ads place within Google’s search results in accord with your marketing priorities.
- LegalPPC produces for you extensive monthly reports to let you know how your campaign is doing.
- We will monitor conversions for ads across your campaigns using Google’s conversion tracking software in an effort to maximize the number of website visitors who make contact with your law firm. Conversion tracking will tell us whether your firm’s website is performing to expectations. If conversion tracking data indicates that the firm’s website is converting below expectations, the website will be further evaluated and fixes will be recommended until conversion rates reach acceptable levels.
If you would like to discuss Google advertising for your law practice, call us today at (415) 742-2150 or write to us using the contact form below. We look forward to hearing from you.